Everything You Need to Know About Uber Cash Option
Uber has been expanding its payment options to make it easier for users to pay for rides, and one of the latest additions to its arsenal of payment methods is Uber Cash.
It’s a virtual wallet that allows you to store money for future Uber rides and other Uber services. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at Uber Cash and how it works.
What is Uber Cash?
Simply put, Uber Cash is a virtual wallet that you can use to pay for rides and other services on Uber. You can add money to your Uber Cash balance, which can then be used for future payments for Uber rides, Uber Eats, and other Uber services.
When you use Uber Cash to pay for a ride, the cost of the ride is deducted from your Uber Cash balance. If you don’t have enough Uber Cash to cover the cost of the ride, the remaining balance will be charged to your credit card or another payment method on your Uber account.
How to Add Funds to Your Uber Cash Balance
There are several ways to add money to your Uber Cash balance:
- Using a credit or debit card: You can add funds to your Uber Cash balance by linking a credit or debit card to your account and using it to make a deposit.
- Gift cards: You can also add funds to your Uber Cash balance by redeeming Uber gift cards.
- Uber for Business: If your employer uses Uber for Business, you can ask them to add funds to your Uber Cash balance as a part of your corporate benefits.
Benefits of Using Uber Cash
The Uber Cash option comes with a few perks that make it a desirable payment method for Uber users:
- Budgeting: With Uber Cash, you can set a budget for your Uber usage, which makes it easier for you to monitor your expenses instead of wondering how much you’ve spent on Uber rides and services.
- Reward points: Sometimes, Uber offers promotions that reward users with points they can use to add funds to their Uber Cash balance. For instance, you might receive points for taking a certain number of rides, which can add up to a significant amount of free Uber rides or credit for future Uber purchases.
- Security: One of the main advantages of using Uber Cash is that it protects your credit card information from unauthorized use. When you add funds to your Uber Cash balance, your credit card information is stored securely, and you don’t have to worry about someone else accessing it.
How to Use Uber Cash
Using Uber Cash to pay for a ride is quite simple. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Uber app and enter your destination.
- Tap on the ‘Payment’ option at the bottom of the screen, and select ‘Uber Cash’ as your preferred payment method.
- Confirm your ride details and request your ride.
- Once your ride is completed, the cost of the ride will be deducted from your Uber Cash balance.
Uber Cash is a useful payment method for Uber users who want to enjoy the convenience of cashless payments while also keeping a tab on their Uber expenses. By adding funds to their Uber Cash balance, users can set aside a specific amount of money for Uber rides and services, and also benefit from promotions and discounts that reward users with Uber Cash balance. Now that you know everything about Uber Cash, try it out on your next Uber ride!